Penrith PlayersPenrith, CA11 7JG
3rd OctAt 7:00pm
£5On the Door
Open Mic1-2 songs each
Opening our doors won't be easy and relies on your support and understanding. Together we will succeed I'm sure. Here is a list of things we need to adhere to:
- Please book all tickets for your bubble at the same time and arrive at the same time. We will then be able to seat you together.
- Bubbles are now stipulated as groups from no more than two households.
- Only one group will be allowed into the foyer at a time. Please wait outside until the foyer is free and then enter when directed.
- We will be operating a one way system throughout the playhouse. Please follow all of the arrows on the floor and all signage.
- Please sanitise your hands on entry and before and after using the toilet. Face masks must be worn at all times except when having a drink.
- Drinks will be ordered and served at the tables and payment will be contactless.
- All doors and fire escapes will be open to allow greater ventilation so you may need a warm coat depending the temperature.
- The program will run slightly shorter than usual to minimise risk.
- After the end we will vacate the building table by table to allow for congestion free exit.
For open mic performers
- The open mic will have to be by pre-booking only. Contact me to secure your place.
- Bring your own microphone.
With all of that in mind we also intend to live stream the event but only for the duration of the actual event. It will not be available afterwards so you will have to watch it at the time. If you chose to watch the live stream we hope you will donate to the act through the link that will be on the Facebook group with the livestream.
About The Gift Horses
The Gift Horses is the ‘nom de plume’ of world folk artist Katuš Young - a carousel of great musicians with whom she’s worked over the years on the road .. all brilliant in their own art form, with a passion to improvise, and follow Katuš’ unique and fluid sound journey.
James Wait - electric bass wizard
Sarah Henegan - jazz drummer
Yankuba Conteh - vocals and kora
Shane Connolly - percussion
Tony Wrafter - sax , flute , vocals
A rolling line up so no two gigs are the same and we are hoping to have Jali Yankuba Conteh on the tour from The Gambia